Sunday, December 12, 2010

Visitor #2 and other events

This week I had the pleasure of my second visitor to Newfoundland, Dr. Sukanta Basu.
Sukanta was my favorite professor during the Wind Energy program at Texas Tech.  I had some good teachers at Texas Tech and one not so good one, but it's no understatement to say Sukanta's training made an enormous difference in my program.  This week he came to St. John's, because my company hired him as a consultant, training me and a co-worker further and advising us on our wind forecasting project.  We worked really hard but also got to hang out and get to know each other better.  So it was a great experience.
The view from my front porch.
This week we got hit with our first snow that hung around for any length of time.  The onset of heavy snow has been a concern, because I need to get the Firebird in storage beforehand.  Of course, I needed to get it registered here before that.  So that meant a lengthy, tedious process of importing, getting inspections and insurance, and finally getting both cars registered.  Friday, at long last, I put the Newfie plates on my cars.  I'm now done with lionshare of bullshit regarding car ownership.

Tomorrow I'm off to Montreal for even more training with Environment Canada.  I'm looking forward to gaining even more skills, and I'm looking forward to spending time in the city.  It should be great.

No comments: