Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day = Lumps of coal

In Canada, the day after Christmas is Boxing Day. I've got no idea what that means to Canadians, but for me, it means an opportunity to dole out lumps of coal via my blog.

So who gets the coal? You'll recall some time ago, I posted a request that you post a comment to the blog, even if you just said "hi." Those of you who haven't honored my request know who you are and, now, so will everyone else. Please take this in the spirit it is intended--ABSOLUTE RAGE!

A lump of coal to:

Michelle Gremillion--Michelle works in a public library; clearly she has no opportunity to comment on my blog.
Michael Merino
Alison Neustrom
Vanessa Murphree--Vanessa is a professor of communications, so blogs may be beneath her.
Dr. Matt--After Katrina, I dabbled with a cellphone, upon which Matt chided, "Welcome to modernity." Modernity? Have you ever tried to get an email from this guy? If you want to contact him over the web, you'd better be in an on-line poker room.
Denice Bizot

Todd Michney--He should split his lump with Laura. I assumed significant others would tell the other about the blog.

Half a lump to:

Anna Maria--Anna Maria did email me about the blog which was nice, though she could have just as well posted her comments on the blog.
Bruce Owen--Same thing as Anna Maria.

A free pass to:

Angelle--Angelle also emailed me about the blog but explained she couldn't post, because her work computer prevented her.

I'd like to thank Bart for suggesting calling out these people. (And, OK, I'm not really filled with rage. Well, maybe a little, but not about commenting on this blog.)

6 comments:

Alex said...

This is the kind of thing you do that scares me, David. I can't tell if it's really a joke or if you're really angry. Either way...

Anonymous said...

Well, when I said the spirit in which it was intended was absolute rage, I was being ironic. I thought it was a good way to prompt these people's participation.

Anonymous said...

Beside, Alex, you were at no risk of getting a lump.

Tony said...

I'm familiar with David's brand of sarcasm and thus his textual expression of "absolute rage" was akin to a wolf howling at a full moon to strengthen the social bonds between his packmates. So don't be scared just blog back. The pack that "howls" together stays together.

Anonymous said...

HA!! very funny David, glad I'm not receiving any lump of coal.

Anonymous said...

Ha! BAD Santa--how'd you manage to forget to TELL your ex-wife/old friend of 10 years that you even HAVE a blog! Lump o' coal for you, too!